Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sliding with Gramp




After what seemed like an eternity of freezing cold weather, last Sunday it finally warmed up just enough to take the kids outside to enjoy winter's white snow. Trevor headed to Canadian Tire on Saturday in search of a sled for little Harrison. While I was thinking along the lines of a little turtle sled or something to that effect, he emerged from the store with two super speedy down hill racers. The first one, the Predator, is a fancy version of the ol' GT Racer's that we used to use. The second one, the Ski-doo, is a couple of steps up from the old faithful crazy carpet. Both would NOT have been either of my first or second choices. I guess he totally missed the age 6+ marked on the bottom of the box.

Anyways, after he spent an hour assembling the Predator, it wasn't going back. Sunday I went to visit my parents and Dad and I took the kids sliding in Douglas. My parent's place is on a hill, so anywhere you set the sled down you are bound to start sliding. I forgot how much fun it is to go sliding. I also forgot how much work it is to hike back up a hill in snow up to your waist in spots. Add 35+ pound to the sled you are tugging up the hill and it's one heck of a workout! After doing that for a while, Dad decided to go get the four-wheeler and took Harrison for a tour on it. He enjoyed every second of it! Thanks Grampie Shannon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home